Tuesday, May 5, 2009

They are starting to close...

Hello,
The nurse just came into the waiting room to tell us that they are beginning to "close." We both breathed a big sigh of relief. It's nice sitting here with Ann, the nurse, because she keeps me filled in on all of the medical lingo! She feels like we are through the hard part.

Right now they are taking a graft from his thigh to cover the exposed area of the brain before they close it back up completely (sounds like a lot of fun, huh... ugh.) Funny story... This morning, Jeff was worried about where they would be able to find skin that wasn't covered with hair! He was afraid hair would start growing on his brain and out of his ears! LOL! Anyway, this procedure should take about an hour, and then he will be in the recovery room for up to two hours. I don't think that we can see him during this time.

Ann has busied herself with texts and solitare, and I have been grading Theme Tests (yes, my dear 6th graders, I didn't forget about them!) :)

Keep those prayers coming... I think they are working!

Love you all!
Kim

4 comments:

  1. I'm so relieved... that you didn't forget the theme tests! :-) I'm glad everything went well. I'll be thinking about you!
    Cooper
    P.S. Mom wants to know if you brought all of those booklets with you-oh wait, she remembered they're on Quia! :-) (Must be an inside joke???)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds positive so far. I bet you are exhausted. I think we need to take Jeff out for a piercing or tattoo when he is feeling up to it. We'll keep the prayers coming your way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Cole is going to give his Dad a bad time about having hair in his head!! So happy to hear they are almost done. I'll bet you won't even mind being his nurse - for awhile!
    Love,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Less time than they anticipated---such a good sign. It's been a long day for you with every minute feeling like an hour waiting while for updates. Inserting tight squeeze hugs.....love marie

    ReplyDelete