Tuesday, May 5, 2009

He asked us to leave! :)

Hello,

Well I think the patient is slowly returning to normal... as Ann and I were WHISPERING (and I do mean whispering) in his room tonight, Jeff opened his eyes, squinted at us and said, "leave... I can hear you whispering, you need to leave so I can sleep." Nice huh? :) I told Maddie and Cole that his bandages kind of make him look like he is on the Knoll's swim team and is wearing a swim cap!

Jeff is staying in intensive care tonight and could be moved to a regular room as soon as tomorrow afternoon. We did have to tell the patient that it is OK to take the pain meds and that he doesn't have to be a tough guy. When we left, they were giving him another dosage of morphine. Hopefully it will help him sleep through the night.

Ann and I are blessed to be staying in the beautiful home of two of the nicest people I have ever met! Frank and Sherine Cockerill, Ann's brother and sister-in-law, have opened their home and hearts to us. Frank and Sherine are both doctors at Mayo and live only blocks away from St. Mary's, the hospital Jeff is staying in. They have been so wonderful to all of us. I can't thank them enough for their kindness and hospitatlity.

Jeff''s doctor will be checking on him tomorrow morning at 8:00, so Ann and I plan on being back at the hospital bright and early. I'll write more after we get an update from him.

Love you all!
Kim

6 comments:

  1. It is such a relief to hear that Jeff is complaining about your whispering!!!!!! To know that you are not alone and being taken such good care of is also a relief. Hi Cole and Maddie as I bet you're reading these updates too! Continued hugs, thoughts, and prayers are going your way all day......love marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys,
    That is funny.. there will no talking in Jeff Ridder's room!!! So, it sounds like he's doing well. I'm sending Mike these updates to his blackberry, as he's traveling in San Fran this week. He said to say hi and he's thinking of you guys, too! I'll see Maddie today after school for CCD. I really hope Jeff has a productive day of healing and I'm happy to hear you're staying in a nice home! Happy Healing!!! :) On a sidenote, Dillon asked me yesterday, if Jeff got his migraine out... Bless his heart..so, Dillon's thinking of Jeff, too! Love ya, Carisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that you two were whispering!! Hang in
    there, Jeff----hopefully you will be feeling
    a little better every day. Kim, keep us
    posted---I will be checking the website every
    so often. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with your Mom, Kim,- whispering!?! I can just hear Jeff! This recovery might be really intersting with you being the nurse! I am just so relieved that everything is going well. Who else but you would know 3 doctors at Mayo's and staying in a beautiful home? :)

    Cole, if you or Maddie need a ride anywhere or anything please feel free to call.

    Love,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt you were "whispering" :-) Things are going well here. Try to have fun and enjoy your days off now that the hard part is over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey its Jordyn and the sub read this blog to us and we all started laughing histaricaly! Just to let you know that everyone is just waiting for you to get home and come back to us! I also doubt you were whispering ;) Things are great have fun on your not so fun vacation! can't wait to see you agian!

    Jordyn

    ReplyDelete