Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Out of ICU!

Hi everyone,
Jeff moved from the intensive care unit and up to 9th floor (they actually just wheeled his bed right onto the elevator and up to the next level!) He is still feeling quite queasy, but his head doesn't seem to be bothering him as much (go figure!) He hasn't eaten anything yet, and really hasn't even had much to drink, so he is still on an IV. To put it bluntly, he pretty much feels like crap.

Ann and I have spent the entire day up here with him. We have tried to get up and move around as much as possible, but the space in the room is pretty limited (and I don't want to get too far away from his room, because I'm afraid I will never find my way back!)

Jeff hasn't been out of bed at all, in fact, he hasn't even been in a sitting position yet. Unfortunately, the nurse just informed us that she has "orders" to get him up and moving... I think I may have to go out and get "lost" in the hospital during that time~ he told Ann and I to leave last night because we were whispering, I can't imagine what he is going to tell the poor nurse when she makes him get out of bed to walk around! ;)

Write more later!
Kim

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    What a gem this site has been! Your family has been on my mind and it's been such a comfort for these updates to be just a click away. I keep checking to see what's happening!! We are ready to hear that you guys are heading home. Soon enough. Keep up the positive spirits, we will do the same.
    Hugs and Kisses.
    The Utemarks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,

    I so enjoy your updates, this site was such a good idea! I had to chuckle about your comment about not being in the room when they want Jeff to walk! Jeff is so honest, that is what I admire about him!! ( I just wouldn't want to be the nurse!) Your positive state of mind is admirable!

    Barb (Nordgren, not Nitz)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim, Just got home and read all the updates!Tell Jeff to hang in there, I'm sure each day will get a little better. So glad to hear everything looks so good. We will continue to pray for those clear results tomorrow! Hang in there and no "whispering"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see Jeff (and you) are doing well and everything is going as planned. We'll continue to keep your entire family in our prayers. "I trust in God's unfailing love forever and ever." Psalms 52:8

    The Schulenberg's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this with me. Your whole family has been in my prayers ever since that Fri. morning Ann called me and told me what you were up against. Ann is my bestest friend in Gretna and I know you two will take good care of your patient!! Tell Ann my husband Denny got the field done for Pat about 5pm last night. He had a good day being a farm hand--once a farmer always a farmer!--God bless all of you
    Karen Mattes

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a wonderful day here in Nebraska but hearing that "Rid" is doing good makes it even more wonderfuller. Gotta love that Kearney St. education:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH...these updates have been so nice to have Kim! You've got one worried family back here in Nebraska! I'm glad to hear that everything is going smoothly and will continue to keep you in our thoughts until we hear that the new MRI comes back 100% clear!!! Stop whispering...I told you to watch out for "angry brain" :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeff:
    Kim has done such a good job reporting to us. Thank you Kim!!!! Roland and I just read your updates and are so happy to hear all the good news. Sorry to hear about the hiccups. Have you tried holding your breath???? (ha ha)
    It is beautiful here. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for your trip home and your homecoming will be met with good weather. We will pray for continued progress and for a safe trip home. I'll bet the kids are very anxious to see you both. Roland was impressed with your scar pics. He was suprised that you let Kim post them. Happy Mothers Day, Kim! Bet you couldn't ask for a better present.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete