Friday, May 8, 2009

Still has the... hic, hic...hiccups!

Good morning,
Well, Jeff is still battling the darn hiccups! I've never seen anything quite like it, it's the weirdest thing! I had to laugh at my Aunt Kathy's, blog post... hiccups or brain tumor, not much of a choice there, I think he will definitely take the hiccups! I tried to explain this reasoning to Jeff, but I got growled at (between hiccups of course!) :)

He has been out of bed and walking this morning already. In fact, he walked the entire loop of the floor he is staying on. Yea for Jeff!!

Right now, he is having his hair washed by the nurse's aid. He is also getting a shave, even though I told him that I kind of liked the scruffy look. :)

We are still waiting to hear when he will be able to go home. I just want to make sure he is A-OK before we take him back to Nebraska (especially since we have a six hour drive.)

It is a beautiful day here in Minnesota. I hope the sun is shining on all of you in Lincoln.

Love and miss you all!
Kim

7 comments:

  1. We have been keeping up with the blog, thank you so much for doing that. You are all in our prayers and we are so thankful everything is looking so positive. Can't wait to hear he gets to go home! :) With love, Taneca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim and Jeff,

    I think I heard some where that beer cures hiccups. I wonder if Jeff could have one of those. Maybe in few weeks.

    I bet Jeff is excited to go home--and get back to a normal routine(somewhat). Let us all know when you are coming home--sounds like things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've heard that too... that beer cures hiccups...So, I think Jeff Ridder needs a beer!!! I guess now, we'll start praying that Jeff's hiccups go away! LOL Love your sense of humor..always. Hope you guys are having a great day and getting some rest. Talk to you soon.
    Love, Carisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found something that explains Jeff's hiccups via google.
    "Some other popular superstitions are if a person hiccups, it is believed that someone is talking about him or remembering him. One theory holds that this is a way of keeping alive the memory of family members who are travelling or live far away."
    There's just so many people thinking about you, it's all our faults. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought it was beer that caused the hiccups!! Oh my gosh, how annoying that must be. So, Kim, are you watching closely as to how to wash Jeff's hair and shave him? Hey, I would use this as long as you can, Jeff!! I am glad to hear you are up and moving around well, Jeff. By Sunday you should be jogging those halls.
    Love,
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, how are the hiccups doing by now? Tell them
    you won't leave until they cure your hiccups!
    I was glad that you seem to be getting around
    so well. Hope that you are feeling a whole bunch
    better by now. Have a good night. Love, Mom
    and Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim & Jeff,
    What great news!! We've been checking the blog daily and keeping you in our prayers. They certainly are being answered! Hope those hiccups are gone by now. The worst is over, so now you can just enjoy the progress of each day!
    Sending good thoughts your way--
    John, Pam & Matt

    ReplyDelete